Are you new in the world of Industries?
Did you just recently join the Company as an Office Employee?
Are you looking for an advice on what to do during your first day in your job?
You just joined the company but you don’t know how to start and what to do?
Well, you are not alone! I was just like you before, the first time I joined the company.
To tell you honestly, the first time I worked as a library clerk in one of the most well-known school in our country in our province in Pangasinan, Philippines.
The AIE College! The first E-commerce school in the Philippines! Established in the year 2004.
11 years ago, I started working as a Library Clerk. But before officially became a clerk, I was just a Student Assistant. I cleaned the toilet, I cleaned the classrooms, removing stains on the floor, mapped the floors, cleaning the surroundings of the school campus. In short, I was a “JANITOR”.
As time goes by, I was trained by the Professional Admin Personnel, like HR personnel, Marketing Officer, Cashier, Accountant, Dean, and other faculty members. In short, I became their “APPRENTICE”…
A year after, when I worked as a Library Clerk, I don’t feel my job. I felt that I needed something more than this because it’s boring! I was sitting in the library rooms for 8 hours a day; I provided books to the students and preventing the students from being noisy inside the Library room. For me, this is not a real job. But to tell you, whatever kind of jobs you have, take this: “Love your job.”
Months had passed; I was promoted to an Administration Assistant – Marketing at the same school at age 20. I was so young!
So my question is what should I do? Now that I have a position, I have to take care of it. To tell you honestly… “I DON’T KNOW!” what to do. haha. Sounds crazy…
Well, the first thing I did was, I read my job description and followed the steps of the previous Marketing Officer.
Our School Director was very patient with me; he’s coaching me during my tenure at the school. From planning, organizing, developing, and implementing marketing strategies. From that, I was mold and grown up.
Honestly speaking, I can’t compose my own business letter(s)… I know nothing yet, my English grammar was perhaps not really good.
My story is not really the topic now, the real topic is “A step-by-step guide to the new intern employees should have” continue reading below…
Now that you are fully employed, what are you going to do to impress your BOSS?
You have 3 months of your PROBATIONARY period, and you have to show what you got! The best that you have…
1. Read your job description again: Read very carefully the job description required in your job position and try to understand well.
2. Understanding your job: Now that you already know your job description, not all details will be mentioned in the job post requirements. On the other hand, ask your colleagues about the daily routine task or work in your department, from that, you will find out the easiest techniques on how to initiate your job well.
3. Initiative: Now that you are already fully aware of your job description and the daily routine task, don’t forget to write down the Daily Task, Weekly Task, Monthly Task, so that you cannot forget. Or write it on your calendar the things to do! This must be your initiative.
4. Applying initiative: When we say initiative, don’t wait that someone will push you to do things you have to do. Initiative means initiate it by yourself, do it! Don’t wait for the boss to shout at you…
5. Be creative: After the initiation of your work and your work are getting better, now that you are already familiar with your daily routine task, don’t stop learning new things. Instead study more on how you will improve your work, on how your work will become more effective and efficient!
Effective and Efficient: What’s the difference between Effective and Efficient?
a) Effective means producing a result that is wanted, having an intended effect.
b) Efficient means capable of producing desired results without wasting materials, time or energy.
So be EFFECTIVE and EFFICIENT!
So far, this is just only a few of my TIPS for A step-by-step guide to the new intern employees should have.
Look at the picture below I captured. See how I managed my daily, weekly, and monthly routine task EFFECTIVELY and EFFICIENTLY!
I always make a THINGS TO DO LIST every day. One great advantage is you will become more organize effectively and efficiently, you can plan which one should be done first accordingly.
Don’t just be overconfident with your knowledge capability, mostly we forgot things that we should accomplish, the things that it should be done before the Closing of Business Day.
Working with EPC companies: “TIME is MONEY!”
When you lost the TIME! You lost the MONEY!
Sharing ideas is CARING! 🙂
Let me know your thoughts on how you manage your work effectively and efficiently.
Copyright © 2017 The God’s Work to Abandoned Son. All rights reserved.